When it all comes together!
| when it all comes together! Photograph by me. |
I pulled out and looked at numerous fabrics like the ones below:
So, the lovely swatches lay languishing in my fabric trunk until one fateful day, when I was trying to pull together an ensemble to wear to a Mehndi celebration for a cousin's wedding. Well! Life works mysteriously. I loved the greeny yellow saree - seemed perfect for the occasion, but since no sari blouses fitted me, I needed some fabric for the sari. Viola! As I looked through the fabric trunk, my off cut seemed the choice that gave the sari more oomph (believe me, I would never have thought of buying that especially for this sari!). Some serious consultations later (with my mother, aunt, and another cousin all courtesy of wonderful WhatsApp group chat), the verdict was IN. Yup - this sari with this blouse and those earrings that pull it all together was the way to go.


Comments