Grounds For Sculpture Delights! (part 1)

 

A tethered piece at the Grounds for Sculpture

On a whim the other day, we decided to explore the "Grounds for Sculpture" in Hamilton NJ. The weather was just perfect for this excursion - 40 acres of mainly outdoor exhibits, larger than life. As a sculptor-in-training, I find that I appreciate the larger than life pieces. There are a mix of abstract and hyper realistic pieces throughout the grounds. These are a few that really resonated with me. And, btw, I am not usually drawn to a lot of abstract art....

I love the sculpture above that is tethered like an alien version of a horse (or a dog perhaps?!) to a pole. Too cute. 

These below by Taiwanese artist Kang Muxiang remind me of a cross between an alien and a fetus! The sculptor repurposes metal cables and makes them appear oh so soft and supple. Amazing.  





Look for part 2!





Comments

Popular Posts